Wow. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments on yesterday’s post! It seems we all definitely relate to that feeling of heart break. I appreciate the stories, memories, and thoughts that were shared by all of you. I was a little nervous writing that piece since it was so personal to me. However, seeing the positive responses to the post made publishing my story totally worth it. Seriously, I adored all of your comments! Some made me thing, some made me smile, and some actually made me tear up! I thought it would be a great idea to share some of those, because they are a great way to motivate us into our Friday. Here are a few that really stood out to me:
- Amen. I’m trying to impart that last sentence to my 6 year old. (The last sentence was “YOU ARE ENOUGH.”)
It is so important that we start building girls up while they are young! I truly believe that these young girls are so impressionable and the earlier they learn to love themselves, the better off they will be as they age.
- God knows what He is doing and can turn even the most heartbreaking circumstances into something for our good; we just have to get in the passengers seat, not the drivers seat (as hard as that is to do!)
Love this so much! I know that whenever I am going through hard times in life, the more I try to control the situation, the worse it becomes. ‘Getting in the passenger seat’ is definitely great advice.
- It’s so sad how us women can translate our worth into other things– Appearance, boys, exercise– and the media is absolutely not helping!
So true! Why do we as women not place our value on who we are on the inside? We so often look for physical, worldly and irrelevant satisfaction instead of finding it within ourselves. We shouldn’t look for other’s acceptance, we need to accept ourselves.
- That is crazy, I don’t think she lost that much weight in such a short period of time. It’s all bull –__- haha
In reference to Kim Kardashian losing ‘6 pounds in 7 days!’ I think this quote says it all!
- Sometimes we have to go through tough times to appreciate the present moment, I believe!
I know that when you finally get to that happy point, it is so wonderful to look back on all you’ve been through and feel that much stronger. If we never knew pain, we would never be able to recognize our happiness and blessings.
- It’s very true that we get so focused on how we feel about ourselves and how we look from the outside…that we forget the blessings God hands us each day.
God really does hand us things we should be thankful for everyday: Homes, jobs, family, friends, food, health, etc. Sometimes we just have to look outside the box to recognize those blessings.
- God has a bigger plan. The conflicts in life become the opportunities, when we allow Him to be in control.
For every stoplight I didn’t make
Every chance I did or I didn’t take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn’t know
Thank God for all I missed
‘Cause it led me here to this
How true is this? If we hadn’t have gone through break-ups. If we had gotten that job. If we didn’t take the opportunities presented. If we never felt heart break.. All of these hard times we go through has gotten us to this point in our life. Whether we see situations as blessings, or as burdens, they have all shaped us into we we are now.
- It is so sad that we don’t hear more from “normal people” that go through the same things and feelings we do, but we can’t seem to get enough of Kim as a society.
Like I mentioned yesterday, I love celebrity gossip as much as the next girl. However, it is so important that we distinguish reality from fantasy. A lot goes on behind the scenes for these women to look the way they do, and we have to realize that many of these ideals these women set are unattainable and unhealthy. Everyone’s body is made differently, and that’s why setting goals to look like Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, Blake Lively, etc. These women are all beautiful, but so are you! I am sure there are times they too have felt broken hearted, not good enough, or less than gorgeous. Everything may look great on the outside, but we have no idea what is going on inside people’s hearts.
Happy Friday! Keep that smile on your face today and believe you’re enough!