I haven’t had a Tebow update in a while, so I thought I would let everyone see what he’s been up to lately!
1) It is no secret that the boy is getting bigger everyday. His little puppy bed was starting to look a silly with him laying in it. He weighs 10 pounds more than he did when we adopted him and it was time for his bed to be upgraded. However, Tebow decided we weren’t reacting fast enough, and he took matters into his own ‘paws.’
This is what we came home to one day this past week.
That’s right. He tore his bed apart while we were at work, either because A) he was bored or B) he wanted to make a point he doesn’t want us to leave him. How did we handle such bad behavior you may ask?
That’s right. We bought him the Rolls Royce of dog beds. Probably not the best parenting decision to reward bad behavior with a better bed, but supposedly it’s indestructible and we know he will grow into it. We will see! If this bed doesn’t make it through the wrath of Tebow though, he may be sleeping on just a blanket from then on out.
2) Just when we thought he couldn’t possibly have any more energy, Mr. Tebow proved us wrong. We sing “Wild Thing” now every time we enter a room with him, for obvious reasons. He loves fetch and we bought him a set of peanut butter flavored tennis balls, and he goes crazy for them! I will let my attempts at taking his picture speak for themselves..
Obviously not as easy as it used to be!
3) Tebow and I went on our first successful solo walk together! Tim usually handles the leash, but today I took control.
I hope eventually he will be able to be my full-time running partner, but we were told not to run with him until his bones are fully developed. Don’t tell him that though! He wants to run so bad and pulls the leash so hard, I am afraid his collar is choking him.
Does anyone have advice for this? We thought about buying a harness leash, but we don’t know if it will solve the problem. He did a great job on our way down of not pulling me along the street, but it seemed like on the way back he knew we were headed home and he wanted to get there fast!
4) Tebow survived his second bath! You may remember his first bath time was a little bit traumatic for our poor puppy. We were afraid it would be worse this time, because he’d know what’s coming.
Get me out of here!! (lol that face is ridiculous!)
He actually did a lot better than last time! The good news is too that we found out how to adjust the water and dryer pressure, so it was a little less powerful on his sensitive little body.
He came out fluffy, soft and smelling of blueberry face wash! 🙂
5) Saturday marked 4 weeks since we got the little guy, we adopted him on New Year’s Eve to be exact.
Our first family picture. The night we adopted him!
Never did I think I could possibly love a dog this much. He is such a part of our family, that I already can’t remember what life was like without him! He makes us laugh every day and we miss him whenever we leave the house. He also tests our patience and has taught us what it’s like to take care of another life. He starts puppy preschool this week, which I am sure will be amusing, hysterical, and a memory we will remember!
Tell me about your pet! What things does he/she do that you love or drive you crazy?!
Anyone have any recommendations about leash training?