There are some days when I have so much to say it is literally hard to get up and physically walk away from the keyboard. I look forward to those times when my creative writing juices start flowing and I can’t wait to have a quiet moment in the evening to see all my thoughts come into fruition in a way of words.
Then, there are those other days at the end of a long work week when my brain is exhausted and lacking that creative ‘spark’ I need to write.
It has been a crazy, busy week at work and I am ready for a fun weekend ahead with family and friends. Unlike my weekend plans that always seem to vary, a typical Monday – Friday in my life looks like this:
- Wake up, Shower, Get Ready for Work
- Make Breakfast, Read Devotionals, Blog, Watch the News
- Leave for Work
- Leave from Work
- Get Home, Take Tebow on a Walk or Work Out
- Make Dinner
- Eat Dinner with Tim
- Clean the Kitchen and Wash the Dishes
- Pick Up Around the House, Catch Up on Celebrity Gossip on E! News while Cleaning, Laundry, etc.
- Watch Television with my Two Favorite Men while Blogging
- Bed Time ( I shoot for 10 at the latest)
As you can see, on paper I have quite the routine going. Even though I find comfort in knowing what’s to come each day, it can also be tiring and monotonous sometimes. However, if I look at my daily activities as blessings rather than a list of chores and obligations, I can be reminded in less than one second how lucky I actually am. Although I may be tired and ready for some fun, all it takes is opening my eyes and looking at the same life differently to change the whole view point.
- Wake up (Thank God I’ve been given another day to live) , Shower (So happy I have hot water) , Get Ready for Work (Thank goodness I have a job, what a blessing)
- Make Breakfast (I’m thankful I have food to eat) , Read Devotionals (I love this time I can spend with God in prayer) , Blog (I love my blog and I appreciate the opportunity to share my writing), Watch the News (Be thankful for the good in the world, pray for the bad, and be thankful for my own life)
- Leave for Work (Again, yay for a job!)
- Leave from Work (Happy I am finished for the day!)
- Get Home (So thankful to have a home) , Take Tebow on a Walk or Work Out (I love my puppy and I am so blessed to have a body that can move)
- Make Dinner (So thankful for the food and for my love of cooking)
- Eat Dinner with Tim (I love my husband and our time together)
- Clean the Kitchen and Wash the Dishes (I am so happy I have a kitchen to clean and dishes to wash!)
- Pick Up Around the House (Love my house) , Catch Up on Celebrity Gossip on E! News while Cleaning (I am happy to have entertainment) , Laundry (Thankful for the clothes I have) , etc.
- Watch Television (Thankful for rest) with my Two Favorite Men (I love my boys) while Blogging (I love to blog!)
- Bed Time! ( So happy I have a warm and cozy bed to sleep in and feel blessed I was given another day to live)
After looking at my routine for a second time with the inclusion of my blessings, I suddenly don’t feel so worn out, but actually energized.
When I see all I have to look forward to each day, it helps the difficult moments to not feel so hard. Life may be filled with tough times, but it only makes the good ones that much sweeter.
Sometimes I just need a little reminder!
- What does your schedule look like each day? Similar to mine, or totally different?
- How do you get through a tough week?
- Does writing down your thoughts help you to get through hard times?
- What are the blessings in your life?
- Any fun plans this weekend?